Sunday, November 13, 2011

Salvaged Sunday - Signs

 

Do you ever look for signs?

  

No, not these kinds of signs.  But signs that you've made the right choice or are doing the right thing?
Friday night, while lying bed trying to fall asleep, I hoped for some sort of sign that I've made the right choice to try to start my own business. I'm a strong believer that "thoughts are things," but I'm also excruciatingly impatient and indecisive.  

On Monday, I set up my first booth in an antique store...and while I know success or ahem...failure, may take some time to determine, I was starting to doubt whether I'd made the right decision.  Not because I'd received any relevant information telling me that I'd made a poor decision, but actually, everyone around me has been more than supportive (including all of you)...however, I started listening to my own doubts.  Bad Erin.

So, back to my sign.  I decided that if one piece of my furniture priced over $100 sold this weekend, that I would consider my choice to be the right one.  This morning, as I was cleaning up the kitchen (I know, shocker), my husband said, "I think your chest sold."  Huh?  He had just come off a 12 hour 3rd shift, so I assumed he was delusional.

Before I found a booth to rent, I had listed a couple items on Etsy, but kind of forgot about it.  Apparently, someone had purchased my striped chest from Etsy.  Wow.  It's my sign.  Not exactly what I had envisioned, but I guess I didn't really specify.  Need to note that for next time.

I know this is a departure from my normal posts, and I was a little hesitant to share it as I know this topic treads the line of "beliefs"...then I remembered how many times I've been deliberating with myself about something, only to read a post on a blog that feels like it was written directly to me.

Maybe you'll read this post, and it will feel like I wrote it directly to you?

take care -
 

Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

Myfriendscallmesuzy said...

Congrats on the sale of the chest and on recieving your sign. This post is inspirational. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...