Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Etc, etc, etc....and a Circle Bookcase

I have all kinds of info to pack into this post - hopefully, it's interesting enough to keep your attention for a couple minutes.

First - a couple promised Halloween photos...we were running late, so my picture taking was a mess...

















Notice Max's too-small costume?  Finally on Halloween-eve, we decided on a dog as a perfect costume for him, as he spends about 25% of his waking hours acting like he is a dog.  When this epiphany struck us, we happened to be on the way to a retail location that will remain nameless.  I didn't have time to try to make a no-sew dog costume, so we found this one in size 3T-4T, up to 41lbs - perfect for my large 2 year old.
The neck didn't snap, the head was too small, the legs too short...but he tried it on for the first time 40 minutes AFTER trick or treating started.
As for Emme - I added a pink flower to her costume (max's from last year that he wore for maybe 15 minutes)


My husband "dressed up" as a ghost ("don't we have any white sheets?") and Max following "suit" as always (daddy is his hero!)... for our attempt at a Halloween photo-shoot.


There he is...


SECOND - My Circle Bookcase-
  
Before

 
Max "helping"
  
After - Sorry for the boring pictures...I didn't have the energy to stage them. 


A little "outside the box" for me...



Okay...and Finally....





My Emerson Seed Co project was featured by the lovely Kindra at At Home With K...
 





  
If you haven't visited Kindra's blog - or linked up to her Terrific Under Ten Tuesday Party (link below) - I highly reccomend doing both!  Kindra's party is for projects that cost under $10.00....so obviously, thrifty fun to be had by all!


I told you I've been busy....My toddlers are rioting for juice...I'm out.

Sharing this post:

MONDAY:

TUESDAY: 

THURSDAY:

take care -


Follow Me on Pinterest

12 comments:

Laura @ Our Prairie Home said...

Congrats on your feature! And I love your circle bookcase! Staging is overrated. LOL!

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Cute! Love the circle bookshelf!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Erin, Your children are adorable! Love the circle bookcase and congrats on the feature. Better stock up on juice! Thanks for linking to the Open House party.
Hugs,
Sherry

The Joyful Thrifter said...

Fantastic Re-do! You did sucha lovely job!

Smiles,
The Joyful Thrifter

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

Your kiddos are adorable! Love the circle bookcase -- beautiful!

Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

Courtney said...

Gorgeous book shelf!! That woulda taken some time, well done!!

JILB said...

Oh this is such a cute bookcase. What a great idea. You had such a good helper too. I found you via The Shabby Nest.

Kammy's Korner said...

whoa, dude. Those circles are just awesome. I. LOVE. IT. and your kiddos are darling, too! I'd love for you to share this over at Trash 2 Treasure Tuesdays on the Korner. http://kammyskorner.blogspot.com/2011/11/trash-2-treasure-tuesdays-5.html

Kim@todayismysome-day said...

Love the bookcase..and the circles..and the reality of your tired kiddos. Been there and totally understand :)

Kim
www.todayismysome-day.blogspot.com

Sherryd said...

Cute bookcase! Love it.

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Cute kiddos! Smart to use the wagon. Saves on the old back. ;)

I love the bookcase. You really gave it a fresh face.

Thanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday.

Blessings,
Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Chris said...

Hi there, your bookcase is lovely but your children are adorable. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...