Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My Booth

Booth-setting-up is a lot more work than I had anticipated. Luckily, my wonderful husband and equally wonderful dad both helped me....or I'd still be there...probably huddled in the fetal position somewhere. My very courageous mother took on the challenge of watching both of the babies, which was a HUGE help.

It wasn't really the setting up that was overwhelming, as much as the preparation and constant evaluation of what I needed to do, what I was missing...all the final odds and ends.  (Plus, Emme's 1st birthday was Sunday) I live about an hour from the store, so I couldn't "run home" for anything I'd missed.

(Here's my space after I'd hung some muslin, which I miscalculated the amount so I had to cheat.  Don't you love the pink dresser-yum!)

Last Friday, the store owner contacted me an explained that the person who was in my space had decided not to move, so she was moving me to a slightly larger space closer to the front of the store.  I was actually happy about the change, but went there yesterday without any idea of what to expect...like the fact that only half the back wall had peg board on it...and it didn't go up as high I had expected due to exposed plumbing.

My space is 10'x9'...everything to the left of my luscious pink dresser (that's how I bought it at the barn sale, I just cleaned it up and my assistant husband steadied it up a bit.) and gray island is the next booth.


Can you believe my dad got the white medicine cabinet for free and almost burned it?  I just cleaned it up A LOT, but the mirror looks original.  The blue drawers, black chest and bookcase are the right boundary of my booth...so no, the hats are not mine.  You'll probably notice a lot of things I've never posted about before...things were pretty crazy over the past several days and my picture taking suffered.  I'm planning to do some upcoming posts about some items, but let me know if you have questions about anything you see.

The 'animal chair" in the left corner is also from the barn sale on Friday.



I have "before" pictures of the island that I'll share soon.






Signs I made from reclaimed barn wood.




This is made from 4 dresser drawers, I'll show "befores" of this soon too.

You can see some of the stuff across the aisle from mine in the mirror...it matches my style.  I also made my 1st chalkboards!  It's the cornerstone of any crafter development!


Some of the other dealers were there talking to me while I took these pictures, or else I would have gotten better detail shots.  After we left, I realized I hadn't really even looked at the final product and had to look at the pictures.  It still doesn't seem real to me, but I feel like I used to after final exams in college.  I wish I could sleep for the next 72 hours like I did back then too!!

I hope you enjoyed the tour of my little space.  Like I said, I have a lot of items nestled in here that I plan on sharing more specifics on soon.  Now I must go put the mess of my house back together after this little whirlwind!

I welcome any suggestions on any changes you think I should make!  People were watching me, which makes me a little antsy, so I just plopped stuff down with little thought.

Sharing this at these websites over the next week or so:

MONDAY:

TUESDAY: 

THURSDAY:


FRIDAY:

SATURDAY:

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!

take care -

Follow Me on Pinterest

17 comments:

Pam Kessler said...

It's looking good. I like your muslin idea. Good luck on your sales.

Dumpster Diva said...

It all looks great! GOOD LUCK with your booth! I am sure you will sell the pink dresser! Please feel free to join the Linky Party Fun over at Dumpster Diva!

Dumpster Diva said...

It all looks great! GOOD LUCK with your booth! I am sure you will sell the pink dresser! Please feel free to join the Linky Party Fun over at Dumpster Diva!

Myfriendscallmesuzy said...

Wow you have been a busy lady. It's looks great. Best of luck on sales. :)

Life In The Thrifty Lane said...

Everything looks great! I will definitely stop at your booth!

jess@balancing the dream said...

love love love the pink dresser and the silhouette shelf!!!!

Free Art Printables said...

The dresser is adorable! what a great space!

Boden said...

Wow! It looks like you went to a lot of work, and it turned out beautifully! Thanks for linking up the the Head to Head Showdown @ www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com

radio controlled helicopters said...

Your booth is covered lots of stuffs, but your arrangement makes it more beautiful and too attractive. I get idea how to set my booth, I have lots of stuff more than you.

6th Grade said...

love that pink dresser and your booth is fabulous!!

best of luck to you!

amy

Peggy said...

Your booth is awesome I know you will do great. Good luck

SLR said...

it looks wonderful...love that pink dresser! good for you for accomplishing this with all you have going on already with young children...i know how challenging it can be to get things like this done. i wish you all the best...you will do great i am sure!

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Looks great! Love the dresser!

Katie said...

Your space looks awesome! And yes, that pink dresser is amazing! Drool!

Our Country Bungalow said...

Nice job on your booth! I like your arrangements. Very cute.
~cathy

The Midwest Cottage said...

Hi. Stopping by to say hello. I'm youre newest follower. I too just got a booth--can't believe it took me this long. Keep in touch we have lot's in common. :) Liz

The Charm of Home said...

It looks wonderful! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...