Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Can you Feel the Love...at my Booth?

I'm hoping my booth gets a little more love this month--


January was a tough month for the ol' booth. I didn't even make enough to cover the rent.  But after the holidays, who's in the mood to buy a dresser?

Even so, I'm pretty excited about my new booth space - the carpet color is more neutral, and like I mentioned before, it's near the cash register and the front door.

I was expecting February to start slow...

...and my expectations have not failed me.  I've made $5 so far.

 
Those of you with booth or retail experience...do things slow down for you this time of year?
When does it typically turn around?

  
I printed some of the lovely free Valentine's printables I've found around blog-land to add a little love to my space.
 Hopefully, they inspire someone to buy a lovely green farm table for his/her Valentine...or, perhaps a coffee table? 
It may not fit in a heart-shaped box or taste like chocolate...but it's the gift that keeps on giving.  Or something like that.


I've been so busy making wreaths lately, that I haven't had much time to work on items for my booth...or, um, my blog. 
 And then there's my one-handed husband - who is supposed to get his stitches out today! (I'm secretly hoping he'll be able to change diapers soon!!)
I miss linking up to parties every day and seeing all the new ideas, visiting other blogs, and just blogging in general.  (I do manage to eke out a couple minutes to check out Pinterest - as I am obsessed...it's becoming a problem :)

 

To top all of this off - there's talk around these parts (blogland), that Google Friends Connect (the thingy on the sidebar that keeps track of followers) is being to restricted to Blogger Members only as of 3/1/12? And, eventually, it will be gone for good?  Huh?  

If you're currently a follower of my blog, or would like to be (why, hello there - how you doin', hot pants?)...will you pretty please be so kind as to become a Linky Follower of my blog too?  It's over on the right side, directly above my Google Friend Connect area.  If that's not enough begging for you...all the cool kids are doing it. That should persuade you if nothing else does...just sayin'.
Please let me know so I can return the favor.

(If you need help with any of the Linky Follower stuff, please let me know, and I'll be happy to help in any way I can...it's new, but it's really easy to add to your blog.)

I am up to my eyeballs in paper flowers, so I must be off to create!!

When I have a chance, I'll try to stop by some of these parties for a cocktail little inspiration:

MONDAY:
TUESDAY: 
Domestically Speaking (Paint Projects)
Faded Charm (White Projects)
THURSDAY:


take care -


Follow Me on Pinterest

9 comments:

Herballistic Garden said...

I would so be meandering around your booth! It's lovely and a nice job on set up! Come on over and get in on my first Giveaway Erin! I also joined your Linky Follower now that you have it! xo

Felecia Cofield said...

Your booth looks so nice for Valentine's! I hope it picks up for you soon! I agree, you do need a little help with those diapers! Blessings from Bama!

Miss Gracie's House said...

Hey Erin,
Your booth looks great! There is no figuring out customers...it is always up and down...hang in there!
I do not get this google follower thing figured out yet...I'd better get to it, huh?
Rene

Sue said...

Erin, This time of year is always slow in retail! Sorry that you didn't make rent in Jan. Hope you start selling lots of those pretty wreaths and maybe a big piece or two of furniture!! I'm sure things will start to pick up soon.
:-) Sue

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Hang in there Erin...I think things will pick up. My Etsy shop has been slow too. I think your booth looks great. I'd buy one of those bushel baskets and that number 2 in a heartbeat!

Donna Hollingsworth said...

I have a booth at a local Flea Mall. Whenever times look a little slow I will post signs for a sale. This has always worked for me. If there are items that I really don't want to sell right now, I mark them a little higher so that the sale discount would equal the regular price. Research has proven that compulsive shoppers cannot resist a sale!! :0) Hope this helps!

Peggy~PJH Designs said...

Your booth looks great and yes I find traffic and sales do slow down for a couple of months after Christmas so hang in there. I'm following you now on LF won't you return the favor?

The Bold Abode said...

That's a bummer! I hope things pick up...

Christine@ Projects Around the House said...

Your booth looks great! Good luck I hope things pick up for you. I am following you with Linky Followers now. I just added it to my blog too :)
Christine @ Projectsaroundthehouse.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...