Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Tisket, A Tasket - Some Pretty Painted Baskets

The past couple days have been pretty warm for February in Ohio...which has inspired me to look towards spring, even though it's completely possible that there will be 5" of snow on the ground at this time next month.

Due to wreath-making and medical emergencies,  my booth (and my blog, and my house, and the laundry, and...) has been sadly neglected for the past couple weeks.  In order to gussy up my booth space for Spring, I forced myself to stop making wreaths for 2 days so I could  focus on it.


I had a vision in my mind of a flower-filled wonderland - ever been to Macy's in New York City in the Spring?


I quickly realized that 2 days with 2 toddlers and a $5 budget narrows my decor options.


One project I wanted to try was making some little vintage-ish Easter / Spring baskets.  I found a couple around the house and a bunch at the thrift store.


After running out of spray paint before making it through my first coat (I'm not patient enough for successful spray painting anyway), I slapped a couple coats of off-white latex satin paint on the baskets.


 I was going to stop there, to keep them simple, but I had mixed up some pretty pastel colors for some chalk boards, and I couldn't resist adding some to the baskets too.


I really, really want to be an all-white decor-girl because I love the way it looks, but as hard as I try, color always sneaks in and messes with my vision.  After adding color, I sanded them down a little for a more aged look.


Aren't the Easter Tags cute?  Found them on Pinterest, of course! 


Here's another basket I painted and then adorned with ribbon, buttons, and coffee-dyed coffee filters (did you expect anything else?). 

 I also covered a plastic egg with book page scraps...but I think the egg could be removed and the basket can be displayed any time of year.


A close-up of the ribbon and button detail.

I'm hoping that the addition of these Spring baskets make my booth space a little more fun and inviting.  But, just to keep things sassy, I'm going to wait to share pictures of my updated booth for the next couple days. Right now, I have flowers to make!

Thanks for sticking with me through the past couple crazy weeks, I really appreciate it and I'm hoping to make it up to you with some fun projects.  

If you've commented on a post or emailed me - thank you SO much - I really do love hearing from you....but, as you might imagine, I'm really behind on that too.  I sincerely apologize - meeting new friends is one of my favorite parts of blogging and you deserve better!

I hope to party at some of these lovely blogs:

MONDAY:
TUESDAY: 
Domestically Speaking (Paint Projects)
Faded Charm (White Projects)
THURSDAY:


take care -
 

Follow Me on Pinterest

2 comments:

Gwen @ The Bold Abode said...

So sweet! I'm the same way...color always peeks it's head in no matter how I try to keep things clean and bright...ugh.

Miss Gracie's House said...

I think the pink is perfect for spring! I just read back about your DH's hand and saw incident...those power tools are scary! Thankful he didn't lose any fingers.
Rene'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...