Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Shades of Pink...or Not.

Despite the best efforts of my 2 toddlers (who I love and adore), I  should be able to finish all of the wreaths that a local  store  ordered, on time. 

I'm sorry if you're getting bored with all the wreaths "hanging" (ha!..uh, never mind) around these parts lately.  I promise that I have some furniture goodies on the way...I just need time to add the finishing touches.

Out of all the wreaths I've done so far, this one is my favorite...don't you think it's perfect for Valentine's Day...or a wedding, perhaps?
 

This wreath was featured by Courtney at French Country Cottage - if you haven't visited this blog, you're missing out - it's beautiful!  Thanks to Courtney!



I've had a lot of  requests for a tutorials on how I dye the coffee filters, and I'll try to get one put together soon. 

And here's another that the shop ordered...based on this design, but using coffee-dyed filters and book pages.  So, if your valentine isn't so much into pink, you could make this more neutral option:
 




If you're new to my blog and are interested in seeing more wreaths I've created, the best place would probably be my Etsy shop. 

Also, I have created a couple tutorials on how to do a basic coffee filter wreath and how to create the rolled paper flowers wreath.  The coffee-dyed wreath above is just a mixture of the 2 styles.  Now that I've done a lot more, I've changed things a little, and will explain further in an upcoming tutorial.

I'm always available to answer questions, so please don't hesitate to comment or email me.  I have about a bajillion flowers to make, so I'm off....but I miss all of you and haven't had as much time to check out other blogs, so if you have time, please let me know what you've been up to.

I'm plan to share at some of these parties:
MONDAY:
Thrifty Decor Chick (1st Monday of Each Month)
TUESDAY:
Kammy's Korner (Trash to Treasure)
WEDNESDAY:
Domestically Speaking (Paint Projects)
Faded Charm (White Projects)
THURSDAY:
FRIDAY:
Miss Mustard Seed (Furniture Only)
SATURDAY:
SUNDAY:


take care -
Follow Me on Pinterest

23 comments:

Sue said...

I'm with you on that wreath, Erin! Gorgeous..... Can I have one in blue? How do you get things done with a couple of little people running around? I have trouble keeping up and it's only me and the husband and life. LOL

Life In The Thrifty Lane said...

Love the first one with all those beautiful shades o pink!

Felecia Cofield said...

Erin, you always seem to outdo yourself with every wreath you create! The pink one is the prettiest by far! I love it! Can't wait for the upcoming tutorial! Hoping you get all your flowers made on time! I know they're going to sell out! Blessings from Bama!

The Midwest Cottage said...

I love it. So beautiful. I might be trying this at home very soon! Love your wreaths!

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Loving the shades of pink! You're so creative!

Gwen @ The Bold Abode said...

I admire you for being able to sell your wares to the public! I wish I had the time... They are GORGEOUS~Amazing~ Awesome...pick your adjective, cuz I luv 'em!!!

Comeca Jones said...

So lovely!

Merri Jo said...

I am new to your blog (via Etsy) this morning~~I think your pink rolled flower wreath is truly BEAUTIFUL!! We are expecting our second grandchild, and if we find out it's a girl, I will be right back to order that gorgeous wreath for the nursery! You are SO talented, and obviously painstaking as you create. I will be a regular follower I assure you! :-)

Kirstin Joy @ Burlap and Buttons said...

I've LOVED looking around and adore all your creations! Thanks for visiting burlap and buttons and for your sweet comment. I'm excited to be following you back! Enjoy the rest of your day!

Jen @ frazzled 5 said...

OMY Stars these are gorgeous! I would pay money for these!! You did a great job with the pink one- a girl can never have too much pink!
New follower!!
~Jen @ hutchinsonherd.blogspot.com

Crafty Mischief said...

Your wreath is lovely! It's perfect for Valentine's Day!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Erin, The wreaths are gorgeous! I especially love the rose one...beautiful. Thanks for linking to the Open House Party xo, Sherry

Unknown said...

Love it!! Thanks for sharing at Overflowing with Creativity! My new giveaway started TODAY!

XO, Aimee

{Giveaway} Customizable Frames, Signs, Decor

Cottage and Broome said...

Love the pink wreath! So pretty, Laura

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Absolutely LOVE your wreaths!! That pink one... oh my goodness- gorgeous!! <3 Thank you for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!!

Unknown said...

Wow! This is beautiful. Can't wait to see the tutorial. I'm pinning this for Valentine's day :) Glad to find you via French Country Cottage link up!

rusty hinge said...

Hello! I just found your blog from French Country Cottage Link Party! I love your wreaths, especially the pink one! You should do a tutorial. I am your newest follower and looking forward to following along!
Maria
www.rustyhinge.blogspot.com

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Back to let you know I am featuring this at tonights Feathered Nest Friday!!

Recaptured Charm said...

Absolutely STUNNING wreaths! That pink one is to die for!

A Cozy Cottage in the City said...

Your wreaths are just gorgeous! The pink one is my favorite!!! Hopping on over from Feathered Nest Friday & am your newest follower. Have a marvelous day!


Hugs,
Jessie

acozycottageinthecity.blogspot.com

Little Miss Maggie said...

I actually thought those pink roses were real Ecaudorean roses. They are amazing. Please do share with us your method for dying the filters.

Unknown said...

I adore your wreath-I'm your newest follower-stop by for a visit!

Unknown said...

Have you posted how to dye them?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...