Sunday, January 1, 2012

LOVE a Good Chalkboard Project

My chalkboard was featured at Lolly Jane Boutique...if you haven't been, it's one of my favorite link-up parties.  I'm kind of a blog slacker on the weekends, so I don't get to visit every weekend.  Kelli and Kristi  are so kind and friendly...and they seem like they have a lot of fun. Thanks to you both.

I bought 2 of these at a barn sale...they had gold frames, which isn't really my style, but I liked the round shape. 

The prints were flowers, and there wasn't any glass, so I decided to give them a new life as chalkboards.


I thought about just painting the frames gray or white, but after the first coat of the gray paint, I liked how the gold was showing through, so I decided to lightly distress.

 

I added a piece of chalk attached to twine.  Saw the idea to wrap the chalk with twine on a blog somewhere, but I don't remember who.  (If someone knows and would kindly remind me, I'd love to add a link to give credit.)


I left one at my booth and added one to my Etsy shop - they'd both been at my booth for almost 2 months without selling, so we'll see how this goes.

Sharing this lil' project at these link parties:
MONDAY:
Thrifty Decor Chick (1st Monday of Each Month)
TUESDAY: 
Kammy's Korner (Trash to Treasure)
WEDNESDAY:
Domestically Speaking (Paint Projects)
Faded Charm (White Projects)
THURSDAY:
Miss Mustard Seed (Furniture Only)
SATURDAY:
SUNDAY:
take care -
 

Follow Me on Pinterest

21 comments:

Unknown said...

I love doing chalkboards too! I have done three so far :0) I love the shape of yours very cute!

Felecia Cofield said...

Love your chalkboard frames and how the gold paint makes them look distressed! Great job!

Unknown said...

Nice blog..

whimsical prints

frugal-interior-design said...

Hmmmm, I'm thinking about Valentine's Day now for some reason. :-)

Nice, simple, useful! Love it.

Julie said...

Someday I might do a chalkboard and/or whiteboard project. I would love it if you shared your project here:

http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2011/12/show-your-stuff-4.html

Unknown said...

I love these chalkboards! I love how you attached the chalk to them :) Cute!

Newest follower here ;) Happy New Year!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I love the gray and the gold together! Plus attaching the chalk is genius! Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Erin,

Those are the perfect color! So much better than flower prints LOL!! I can't wait to see everything you create in 2012!

Gwen @ The Bold Abode said...

OH MERCY! I always look out for round frames...they are unusual and hard to find, but so gorgeous! I love them as chalkboards...you'd think they'd sell like hotcakes...what's wrong with people???

Lyndsay said...

Love these! Love! Love!
(Found your blog via the Sugar Bee Crafts link party, by the way. Great stuff!)

cherished bliss said...

Oh I love this! I love a cute chalkboard, and the hearts are just adorable!

I'd love for you to share at my party!
http://www.cherishedbliss.com/2012/01/craft-tell-no-38.html

Jennifer said...

Oh I love this! I have a round black mirror with a frame that looks just like this down in my basement. I think I might have to go grab some chalkboard paint! Thank you for the inspiration!

Ruby Jean said...

Chalk Paint is an AMAZING thing.. It makes for Beautiful projects.. I love how you added the Heart Garland so Very Sweet... I am having a party and would love for you to stop in http://shoprubyjean.com/2012/01/sew-crafty-tuesday-linky-4-and-giveaway/

Pitter and Glink said...

Love, love, love! :)

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

The round frames are harder to find and they make cute chalkboards. Erin, Thanks for linking to the Open House party.
Hugs,
Sherry

Dee Dee @sweetgirlcrafting said...

I absolutely love doing chalkboard frames, tables,platters...whatever!They look great hung or displayed. I very much envy your round frames and would have snatched them up in an instant, too! (the cutest frames always seem to come in gold, don't they?!)Love the color you did on them and attaching the chalk is a great idea!

Janel from NellieBellie said...

the round shape of those is lovely! And the little banner is just the right touch!

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Love your chalkboards! Thanks for sharing!! Joining your blog today...drop by to visit with me...gift-away going on!!!
www.southernjunkin.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I have a quart of chalkboard paint and a mirror here at the house...now if I could just get going!! I LOVE how this turned out! Everyone should have one in their home, so warm and inviting!!! LoVe It!!! XO, Aimee

Lolly Jane said...

The frame is super cute! Love the added bunting... very cheery for LOVE day :)

Thanks for linkin with us- we featured ya!
YAY! xoxo

Abbie said...

Oh. my. word. So simple, but SOOOOO cute (love the hearts too!).

I would be thrilled if you would link this up at my very first Feature Friday FREE-FOR-ALL...going on right now (250 + links and growing...can you tell I'm excited??! : ))

http://www.fivedaysfiveways.com/2012/01/feature-friday-free-for-all-1.html
P.S. I'm your newest follower. : )

~Abbie (www.fivedaysfiveways.com)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...