Monday, January 30, 2012

Blessings and Thank you.

We are blessed, so very blessed.  My husband's injury is serious - he was in surgery for over 4 hours.  The doctor said he didn't know how Bryan's middle finger didn't come off - so little of the joint was left that the bone had to be fused together.  However, the doctor doesn't think he'll need additional surgeries in the near-future.

So, needless to say, this was welcome news.

And from the lady who admitted Bryan to the hospital (and came to check on him the next day), to the nurses and doctors - we were blessed with the most amazingly kind health professionals.

Then, there are our parents...who all stopped what they were doing, came from hours away, and made themselves available to help us any time we needed them.

We are so fortunate that Bryan's employer has been completely understanding and supportive - I know this isn't always the case with employers these days.

Finally, there are all of you who offered your thoughts, prayers, and well-wishes - I have been so touched by your support.  Reading through your comments and emails brought me to tears.  I can't believe how blessed I am to know each of you.  Thank you.  From the bottom of my heart, thank you so very much.  Even though we haven't met face-to-face - your kindness means the world to me.

This whole incident seems to have brought our family closer together and put things in perspective for us- yet another blessing to come out of such an unfortunate situation.

I'm determined that 2012 is going to be a wonderfully great year, regardless of this "obstacle"...

take care -
 

Follow Me on Pinterest

10 comments:

THE FARMHOUSE PORCH said...

It's so great that you can find the positive in this scary situation, that is bringing you all closer together and putting things in perspective. You're a good wife!

Hugs,
Linsey

frugal-interior-design said...

Hi Erin. I missed what had happened and went back to read your prior post. Sorry to hear the news, especially for Bryan. Yes, it's a wake-up call for us all using power and hand tools while making our creations. Table and circular saws always make me uneasy when I use them (which isn't often). This reiterates why. Best of luck to him for a speedy recovery!

Coralee said...

That's great news Erin and we are as thankful as you. From personal experience, I totally understand how life can change in an instant. I wish Bryan an uneventful recovery along with courage and perseverance as he struggles through therapy and learns again how to use the hand he is so fortunate to still own. It is very obvious you have a great support system and don't be afraid to lean on us. Sometimes the ear of a 'stranger' is exactly what you need. Love, hugs and prayers to all of you.

Felecia Cofield said...

Erin, how scary but how fortunate at the same time! I'm sorry that you all had to go through this ordeal, but I love how the family and friends have come together for you! Yes, Erin you are blessed and the hubs is so very fortunate! I thank God for the miracle He performed here! It will take some time, but like the others, I'm praying for Bryan to recover very quickly and the other surgeries will go smoothly.Blessings from Bama!

Shannon Fox said...

My stomache dropped to my toes when I read that he had been injured. I am glad the surgery went smooth and hope that it is his last! Here's to wishing him a full and speedy recovery. Blessings to you all.

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin,
So happy to hear the good news. Continued prayers are being offered on you and your familys behalf that more miricles will be comming your way.

Vanessa said...

Hi, Erin

I am so grateful your husband did well in surgery. Praying for a speedy recovery.

Vanessa

Sue said...

Erin, I know what it is to have a husband in the hospital. Two years ago, our lives changed immensely when mine ended up in intensive care and he was home from work for 4 months. All is well now, thank goodness! I'm sure you were quite scared, but as you said, it has put a lot of things into perspective for you and your family. Best of luck to you both and to Bryan for his full recovery.
:-) Sue

heidi said...

I am so sorry to hear about Byan's injury. That must ha e been awful. Praying for a speedy, complete, and easy recovery.-Heidi

Storage Shed said...

I really appreciate with you.This blog is so interesting.I read this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...