Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pink Chalkboard Frames - With a Little Valentine Flavor

When the chalkboard paint comes out, I tend to go a little overboard.  Nothing is safe from being chalkboard-ified. 


Old gold frames - ahem, maybe I should say FREE old gold frames....what's with all the old gold frames in this world?  They had some pretty needlepoint flowers in them, but they're not really my style, so the gold and the needlepoint needed to go.

I made this heart garland from magazine pages and fishing line.




Check out the back below - I covered it with vintage flower wallpaper...poppies or anemones maybe? Not sure.
My mom bought it at a barn sale to use in her bathroom, but I don't think my dad was too thrilled with it. Wonder why.

I was having so much with the pink paint, that I found another frame to paint...

The button was SUPPOSED to be on the bottom of the frame, but someone got a little over-excited with the glue gun and didn't check the back of the frame to see which side was the top.  Luckily, it worked with it on the top.

gklush


Love this paper.  See my little tag - something is wrong with my "spooler" so I can't print...so I had to get creative for my booth price tags. 

Hope you're having a great week! I've been working on all kinds of furniture (since it was so nice and warm outside today)...so I should have some new, non-chalkboard or wreath projects in the next couple days.  Promise!

 Sharing at these parties:

MONDAY:
Thrifty Decor Chick (1st Monday of Each Month)
TUESDAY: 
Kammy's Korner (Trash to Treasure)
WEDNESDAY:
Domestically Speaking (Paint Projects)
Faded Charm (White Projects)
THURSDAY:
FRIDAY:
Miss Mustard Seed (Furniture Only)
SATURDAY:
SUNDAY:

take care -
erin

Follow Me on Pinterest

9 comments:

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

These are adorable!! I love the color pink ,one of my favorites.
Thanks for linking up!
XO
Kristin

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

So cute and I love the pink. Not much is safe from chalkboard paint around here.

Felecia Cofield said...

Erin, I just love the pink frames! You did such a good job on them! I love the chalkboard, too! Can't wait to see what you have in store for us! Blessings from Bama!

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Too cute! Love the pink and just right for Valentine's Day!!

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Ha ha! I like that graphic ... "I Craft, Therefore I Have No Thumbprints." These chalkboards are really cute! Thanks for visiting my blog.

heidi said...

These are so cute! I just did my first chalkboard paint project {a wall in mud room}. I loved it so much that when I was done, I asked my husband if anything else needed chalkboard paint. He looked a little worried, like he imagined the whole house being covered!
Visiting from No Minimalist Here
Off to peek at your etsy shop!

Britt said...

Erin, thanks for your comments. I love the pink chalkboard and magazine garland! Love your babies picture, so cute!

Crafty Mischief said...

The pink chalkboard frames are adorable! And so is your little princess! :)

Unknown said...

The pink frame looks so cute! It love how it looks with the black chalkboard paint.
~Tonia @TheGunnySack.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...