Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Upcycled: Thrift Store Picture Frames to Chalkboards

For most people, school is out for the summer...

  

...but chalkboards are always "in."


You know I love anything chalkboard, and I've just finished these for a project.


These are thrift store picture frames that I painted and distressed.

I added driftwood to this one like the picture frames I made a couple weeks ago.

  
We're going to the Outer Banks in a couple weeks, and I can't wait.
It'll be our first vacation since we had kids, and their first time to the ocean. 

It will also be our first road trip with them that will take longer than a couple hours. 
We think this trip should take 10-12 hours. 
We're going to try driving through the night, so hopefully, they'll sleep most of the time.
hopefully.

  
Any traveling with toddlers suggestions are welcome.
You know, in case they don't sleep.

We use to go to Nags Head, NC when I was little, and every child must experience the fun and potential humiliation of running down the sand dunes and landing on their face.

Not that I'd know anything about that...

We are staying in a beach house with my parents, so ideas for ways to entertain toddlers (other than the beach and sand dune fun) or adults (other than the beach and sand dune fun) are greatly appreciated.

In other news, I just started a series of posts about things I've learned in my first 8 months of selling on Etsy
It's from a newbie point-of-view and the tips are simple ones that can be easily implemented.


Haven't been to a good party lately, so I'm heading over to some of these for a little fun:



take care -
 
Follow Me on Pinterest

6 comments:

Erin said...

Have fun in Nags Head!! I'm from central NC and we get to the Outer Banks every couple years. I love Nags Head--so much so that that's where I was married. :) Fingers crossed your kids make the trip with a minimum of fuss!

Erin
Carolina Country Living

Grace Note Gifts said...

So glad I found your blog! I'm a recent Etsy seller so I'm excited to read your posts about what you've learned so far in your 8 months of selling there. I'm following your blog now and will check out your shop!

Blessings, Grace

Linda @ it all started with paint said...

I'm so glad I clicked on this thumbnail at Kim's! Aside from loving that chalkboard (and I do I do). And aside from being so jealous of your beach trip (I so miss the Atlantic ocean!) I'm thrilled to read your Etsy series. I'm new and am eager to learn some tips ...

:)

Linda

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh these turned out awesome!!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Oh, I love the driftwood one. Great idea.

The Bold Abode said...

Cute chalkboards, Erin!

Tequila shots... But I'm not sure what you could do for the adults...

ha. ha. ha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...