Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Help Wanted: Seeking Professional Opinion(s)

You are the most talented and creative people I know, and I'm not just saying that because I'm about to ask your opinion about something...

It's because I'm horrible at making decisions, and my husband (who proudly makes dog food for a living) doesn't spend much of his "free time" crafting, so I thought I'd go straight to the experts (you) for advice....

....here goes...

Do you think we should use this for our Christmas table centerpiece?
Teehee...sometimes I kill myself. 

 Actually, this isn't my real question, but I had to share Max's most recent craft project.  He today decided he had to paint this pumpkin, and the only washable paint I could find was red and yellow finger paint. 
(Please excuse all of the crap our "memory-making" and half-finished floor in the background)

Emme was not inspired by Max's pumpkin project....
...she decided painting the table, cardboard, and her hands would be more fun.

******
Okay, so here's my real dilemma (is it ironic that I can't spell that word)...
I made a driftwood mirror to put on Etsy:
I haven't cleaned it up at all because I truly need advice on what to do....so there's glue strings and paper scraps everywhere.


Just to "see," I stuck a couple paper flowers on it...
(yes, that is my hand/camera in the mirror, you'll see them again)

Hmmmm...so I sort of liked the way it looked, though it's not really my typical style.  I thought it might be a twist on the typical driftwood mirror idea.

Then I added some gold leaves like the ones on my wreaths:

(By the way, none of this is glued down, so the flowers are kind of jammed into the holes)

And then I added even more leaves...

So then, I was about to go look for my spray glitter, neon puffy paint, and bedazzler...and thought I'd better stop and ask for help before I reach the point of no return.

Please be honest with me....do you like it:
1. Plain
2. Couple Flowers
3. Couple Flowers and a few Strategically Placed Leaves
4. All-Out Jungle Mirror (the one with lots of leaves)
5. Just Burn the Whole Thing
6. It's okay, But What You Should Do Is.... (and then you share your incredibly amazing idea, and I become an overnight Internet sensation like the grumpy cat)

My goal is to sell the mirror.

If you've read my blog in the past, you know most of my stuff is pretty plain...I have trouble knowing when to stop, so I usually opt for the safe route and keep it simple.

Begging for help at these link-up parties:

Thanks so much!!

take care -
 

Follow Me on Pinterest

6 comments:

ScrappyMama said...

Hmmmmm...I actually think I like the way it looks in the last horizontal pic you show! It's hard, isn't it...we never really know if we stopped too soon or if we went one embellishment too far LOL!!

Toni said...

I think a couple flowers on one corner only with a couple leaves in the same corner. Im simple too but I think the small amount of add ons makes the difference

Sandra@Beneath this Roof, Within these Walls said...

Please bear in mind that I am not a crafter, let alone a pro, but I simply know what I like. And I absolutely love it plain! It has such a natural, rustic look that I find very appealing. But, since others might well prefer it "gussied up",and the goal is to sell it, I have no idea if you should leave it or not. Sorry, I know that is no help at all!! But I do LOVE it!!!

Anonymous said...

i liked the last pic but use less leaves.ang

Anonymous said...

I all the time emailed this webpage post page to all my contacts, as if like to read it after that my friends will too.
Also visit my weblog ; wholesale jerseys

Anonymous said...

[p]Even you need to confront the winding mountain roads or other critically bad setting, you can be fine and then enjoy the out-of-doors sports gladly when you placed on the mbt shoes . Quality verified which MBT wellness and weight loss golf pair of running footwear tend to make the start immediately noticeably, May possibly increase the spine body, Make it easier to correctly rank and walking form . So which is cheaper? Get your free TCO report from Cloud Spectator to figure [url=http://www.mbtstoresuk.co.uk] mbt men shoes[/url] out! . Each additional child is an obligation . Try squatting used to [url=http://www.mbtshoeswomen.co.uk] mbt footwear uk[/url] check the bending of the shoe is good . The term 'Sweatshop' came about this time when individuals were mad of the way Nike shoes were made in Vietnam, China and taiwan, And Indonesia where the people were paid in low wages and were the subject of very poor working conditions . For people who have may golf pair of running footwear, Don't merely can you actually wear and tear a legal court, But you may well have truly dangerous community troubles in the game, That is to say football make sure you move ways rather quickly, And / or tennis game shoes and boots offering high-quality tissue traction expansion assist which experts claim potential . And [url=http://www.mbtboots.co.uk] mbt footwear sale[/url] you wil discover numbers of eyes for "Five seconds of physical experience, A by-product of the intrigue, Fight the bad end . Your sneakers of such an body system megabytes amplified simply just side when, The law of gravity are likely to induce our body is chosen the midsole, A solid countrie, Together with ballroom power string is the same manner the job of education.[/p][p]That Healthy MBT Shoes And Boots For MBT Shoes Sale


That healthy MBT shoes and boots on hand It's not the 1st moment which MBT boots or shoes low priced, Concept [url=http://www.cheapmbtboots.co.uk] cheap mbt shoes[/url] MBT Boots or shoes, Nonetheless it really is honestly a beginning regarding MBT boots or shoes great deals . The know-how [url=http://www.mbtshoeswomen.co.uk] cheap mbt shoes sale[/url] behind MBT shoes is the notion of bare feet, construction of new shoes balance the human system . Without the shoes, you can not realize success in any match . The theory began whilst staring at the tribes behind photography equipment and [url=http://www.mbtstores.co.uk] cheap mbt shoes sale[/url] the direction they strolled . I have been wearing them now for half a yr and I can honestly say which i am incredibly pleased with the quality of this walking shoe . These ireland in europe driven insurer provides really selected and planted for the duration of european union and started out a great deal of outlets . Waterproof overshoes are typically less expensive than water-resistant running shoes . Discount MBT Shoes Chestnut Shoeshine



discount mbt shoes chestnut shoeshine MBT Women's Tunisha Shoes definitely makes you value for money, because MBT represented a new way of life.[/p]


[url=http://www.vkusnoe-polezno.ru/ololo/posting.php?mode=quote&f=6&p=7688]Here Offer the cheap MBT for mens online with good quality 9t[/url]
[url=http://bb2.hc.mmh.org.tw/posting.php?mode=quote&p=240354]There Offer the discount MBT for mens online with good quality 9n[/url]
[url=http://envies.mobi/archives/3105?replytocom=136645]There Offer the discount MBT for mens online with good quality 6p[/url]
[url=http://envies.mobi/archives/3105]Here Offer the cheap MBT online with good quality 1r[/url]
[url=http://test.sysman.ru/index.php?act=Post&CODE=00&f=244%3Cbr]Here Offer the cheap MBT for women online with high-quality 9r[/url]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...