Sunday, December 30, 2012

A New Addition: The Brady Wreath

Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas - or Happy Holidays - whichever greeting you prefer.

Ours was wonderful - it's the first year that the kids have really been excited about Santa and all of the Christmas-related festivities.  I'll try to post more on that later.

A couple weeks ago, my husband asked me to make a wreath for a coworker of his - it was actually for a family member of a coworker - so the only details I was given was to make it in "white, creams, and tans."

Any requests for additional specifications or details were fruitless.

Typically, this would not work for me.  Typically, I need very specific instructions. Typically, I'm not dealing with 2 men working with more detail-oriented people who understand why "white, creams, and tans" are not true details.

It's always a little worrisome when you put a ton of time and effort into creating something without knowing what the end result might be...



...but I had already made 4 other wreaths that week...one of which took over 1000 (dyed!) coffee filters....and I just wanted to get it done.

I'd been thinking about doing a wreath similar to this for a while, and I was happy with how it turned out...

I used several shades of book pages, white coffee filters, and coffee-dyed filters.


It's named "The Brady Wreath"  - after the person who ordered it.

(SHAMELESS PLUG - see, if you order a custom wreath from me, it may be named after you...it's not everyday you get a wreath named in your honor!)


What does "white, creams and tans" mean to you?  

uhhhhhhhh....

....my thoughts, exactly.

(Oh, and of course, I never found out if his coworker liked the wreath or not because my husband "hasn't had a chance" to talk to him. MEN.)

take care -


Follow Me on Pinterest

4 comments:

Mrs. Jones from the Circus said...

I love your Brady Wreath. Turned out well with lots of texture!

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love that wreath!!

Anonymous said...

At that time the standard on the layer fabric also as the processing level is not high. Style [URL=http://www.northfacedenalijacket.org/#2151]www.northfacedenalijacket.org[/URL] ended up compare uninteresting. The content of cashmere was minimal although the quantity of filler ended up being cheesy. What's worse, the design was unsightly. Thus your [URL=http://www.northfacedenalijacket.org/#2151]www.northfacedenalijacket.org[/URL] was named as bread jacket.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's what I was looking for, what a information! present here at this website, thanks admin of this web site.
Here is my page : how to get rid of man boobs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...