Saturday, October 1, 2011

Happy October - A Candy Corn Treat (or Trick?)

As a candy corn connoisseur of epic proportions, I thought my husband was crazy when he told me he only ate it when it was mixed with salted peanuts.  What?!? 

Maybe where's he's from (he grew up about an hour away from where I did), candy corn is different the wonderful orange, yellow, and white confection I'm accustomed to eating.

He says it tastes like a Payday.  I've never really been a fan....but to be honest, I'm not 100% sure I've tried one. I think I traded those with my sister because they didn't have chocolate in them.

Hmmm....so, lets see if what this man (who I thought I knew) , knows what he's talking about.

The ingredients - Candy corn and salted peanuts.  (Please enjoy the close-up shot of our red countertops. Lovely, aren't they?)


Mix equal parts together in an air-tight container (something with a lid) and mix together.

TA-DAAAH ! I need a nap after all of that work!

In a autumn-ish colored bowl for serving purposes, unless your guests find Country Crock containers to be stylish.

AND THE VERDICT....dare I admit that my husband is right...it really is good (I'm actually eating some now).  Sometimes when you eat too many candy corn, it gets a little overwhelming...the nuts really cut the sweetness.  I chose lightly salted peanuts, but I think it's a personal taste thing. 

So there you go...it still gives you a belly ache if you eat too much.  This is the closest I'll ever get to sharing a recipe unless anyone has any questions about how to make Mac & Cheese or PB&J.

Have you ever heard of doing this before?  Maybe I've led a sheltered life.  If you try this, please let me know what you think!

Bon appetit!

Sharing the fun at:

       Sumo's Sweet Stuff     homework   Photobucket      HookingupwithHoH





take care -

4 comments:

Jillian said...

It sounds like it just might be good! I'll bet my hubby would like it! Your post was humorous...thanks!

Sherron said...

I will have to try that. I don't really care for candy corn as it is too sweet, so the thought of combining it with a protein source is appealing to me. Thank you for sharing your 'complicated' recipe!

Southwest Cottage Designs said...

One of my coworkers loves candy corn mixed with Spanish peanuts. I've tried it, too, and you get the sweet and salty mix which is a tasty treat. I love candy corn for the taste and also because my paternal grandmother always had a candy corn stash in a certain kitchen drawer. Every time I'd go to her house, I'd head for the candy corn drawer. Happy Wednesday!

Lauren said...

Oh my goodness, this is my favorite thing in the whole world, well aside from peppermint. My MIL shared it with me years ago and ever since I've been a nut (pun intended) about it. Ive been running around blogland commenting on everyone's candy corn recipes, "have you tried mixing it with peanuts?" Muhahaha. Anywho, stopping by from Homework's link party.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...